Sunday, September 30, 2007

Adventures With Seth

Hey, I have something new to tell you about food. I get to eat smooshy stuff now! Have you ever tasted carrots? They are the best! Don’t worry about green beans… they’re just yucky! Mom still sneaks them on the spoon with my carrots and I pretend not to notice but I always know what she’s trying to do. I like sweet potatoes okay but daddy says they aren’t like the sweet potatoes at home… they are white and they are okay I guess. Mom says that pretty soon I will have fruit… she says it’s too sweet for me right now because then I won’t eat my vegetables and other more yucky stuff that she wants me to eat… like oatmeal! I let her know that was not a good idea when she gave me that oatmeal….but I ate it anyway because she was being bossy about it. One bad thing about food…sometimes you have to be careful because you can’t go poop! Mom said no more rice cereal even though I like it because when I try to poop…. Well anyway, it’s just not so good.
You know what my best thing to do is? Going outside! Mom puts my hat on me so the sun doesn’t hurt my eyes and we go outside. It’s so great to touch things and feel the pokey grass and hear the birds and kids playing and stuff. Sometimes I get to be in my walker on the porch while mom and dad have breakfast out there. (By the way, I am the boss of my walker now! It’s my favorite thing!) I just love to be outside and when I get big I’m going to go out by myself for long times and get really dirty!
I can roll over really easy now but mom says I’m lazy. I can scoot backwards and in a circle on my tummy. I can give kisses but sometimes daddy’s whiskers make me scratchy! I like to pull the hair on daddy’s chest and arms… I pull really hard because it needs to come out! Daddy laughs and says, ‘Ow!’ because I pull really hard! I’m pretty strong…. Yesterday dad took me outside and with my one hand I picked up a bag of posho (corn flour) that was one half a kilo… dad said that is more than one pound. So I guess pretty soon I can wrestle with dad.
I better go now… I need to go to bed. I’ve been having a little trouble in the evening with my attitude. I just feel grumpy so I cry for a while. I think I’m just too tired but I want to have more fun so I don’t want to go to bed. I’m trying to get better so I will go now and sleep. Bye! Seth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seth, times are a changing my friend. I'm glad your getting outside and playing in the grass. I dig your cool hat and shades dude...very 'smokin'. Your mom and dad are cool so you got it made. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the 'rice cereal' issue, welcome to the club. Did you know that you have a VERY fun uncle named Ken in South Dakota? He's married to your beautiful aunt Skeet. Skeet & uncle Ken are making you a cousin, don't ask. I know you have lots of uncles over there in Africa but don't forget your SUPER uncle over here. We will meet someday soon I hope. Okay...well I suppose I'll let you get back to fillin diapers and chasing bugs and things. If I were you, I'd figure out the whole fussy thing at night thing because your mommy is getting weird suggestions to solve it herself. Good luck with that. Love ya dude,
Uncle Ken