Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adventures With Sarah!

Well, it’s Sarah. I think the kids could write all day and I would enjoy reading every minute because they’re my sunshines! I should quickly update you from my perspective. It is so good to be back in Uganda! I didn’t know how this transition would go and I’m happy to report that it is good! I really think this climate is the best kind for raising kids. No big bundling up and unbundling and 10 minutes of play and then we’re freezing. We do have to do the sunscreen faithfully but otherwise it’s just so easy.
As far as work goes I am in the busiest term of my year. It’s a 2 month process because I do it as I can here at home when the kids are napping and after they’re in bed. It’s low key paperwork and a few days at the school taking photos of the kids, getting updates from the kids, giving them sponsor letters and having them write letters. I enjoy it and I really get to know the kids better. Each child has 4 sponsors (with a few exceptions) so there’s quite a bit of correspondence to manage. I often bring Seth and Jodie to the school and they enjoy being with daddy at work, hanging out with the staff and seeing the kids.
I’m enjoying my own kitchen! Making bread, strawberry jam, yogurt, granola, salads, and dinners every night. I did miss that when we traveled.
I need to sign off because Seth is now awake and ready to roll. I miss everyone so much and am thinking and praying for so many of you! With love, Sarah

No comments: