Friday, August 15, 2008

Adventures With Sarah

I’ve been thinking so much of home because I will be going soon! Seth and I will fly from here on August 22. We’ll spend a night in London and then head on to Vancouver. We’ll recover from jet lag, renew my driver’s license in Abbotsford, pick up some baby necessities from our garage and then head on to my grandpa and grandma’s to wait for this little one to arrive! Mark will join us there on Sept 23. We have many tentative travel plans after baby comes (due Oct. 3) but we have to keep them all soft until the baby’s passport process is complete. We will let you know when this all gets organized because we will need your prayers! At this point it seems very certain that Mark will have to return to Uganda towards the end of October and then come back Dec. 9 for Christmas holidays.

Anyway, all of that to say….. as I look ahead to the flight for Seth and me, I shudder to think how long it could seem. We will be sharing one seat and this mama will be 8 and a half months pregnant (I’m flying at the very end of the 36 week airline limit). Seth is a good boy but very active. He’ll be confined for 9 hours plus and then the next leg will be 8 hours. Both flights are during the day so he will have a nap and that’s it for sleep reprieve. We’ll also have a bulk head seat which gives much more leg room and also allows for a little seat for him to sleep in (providing there is no turbulence… every time the seat belt light comes on they demand you put your baby on your lap and strap him in with you even if it means waking them from their sleep and even if it is for only 2 or 3 minutes because turbulence is so unpredictable). Please everyone! Pray with us about this long trip!

You know, I’ve learned something from the Ugandan people about prayer and faith. Many of them pray for things they don’t have in a different way than we do. I’ve also been hearing lots of teaching about my mouth and my mind having more impact on my circumstances than I ever imagined! So, as I pray about this trip I have begun believing already that God is going to bring along people to help in the airport or at any time that I need it. I’ve also begun believing that He will provide an extra seat next to us on the plane! Or maybe there will be children on the plane that Seth can play with. I have no idea how God is going to bless us but I am convinced that He will either provide these things or give me tremendous grace and a very good boy! And by the way, I am already seeing his provision! We have a good friend visiting us for a few days from the UK and he was asking about my trip home. I told him we were spending a night near the airport in London and he was explaining what I would need to do to catch a bus to the hotel. Then he promptly whipped out 40 pounds from his money belt and said, ‘There… now you don’t have to stop at the cash machine to pay for the bus!’ The chore of getting pounds hadn’t crossed my mind yet! God’s way ahead of me!

That’s all from me except to say, I am looking forward to seeing so many of you. My first stop in Abbotsford will be very quick so please don’t worry if you don’t see me! We will all be coming through for some good visits in January before heading back to Uganda. I love you, my friends and family! We miss you all lots and we pray for you often. Sarah

No comments: