Thursday, February 7, 2008

Adventures With Sarah

Well, I think I’m going to let our little guy share little pieces of his life with you because that would quite sufficiently summarize my life! Just add between sentences, poopy diapers, teething trials, ‘what’s giving the baby a tummy ache?’ quizzes, making and freezing baby food, baby proofing the whole house, and giving snuggles to a wailing 10 month-old who fell down ‘again’. I am really loving this phase. It’s a riot! But, man! All I can say is, everyone warned me!
And I just want to add two things that were special for me. Having mom and dad Williams here was so good. Just to share Seth with family and see the love they have for him and him for them. Mom helped me so much while she was here! I was able to accomplish some projects that had been hanging over my head while she was on the feed, change, wash, play, chase, soothe, cycle. And dad played with Seth outside, read him stories, put him down for naps, and took him for stroller walks (the city graded and packed our road! It used to be impassable with the stroller. It’s a brand new day!) What a blessing mom and dad were to me!
And one more special thing about January…… we went to Rwanda to visit our students on their holiday. I was so blessed to see them all and to have a bit of an understanding of what their country and families have been through. It can’t be explained and to be honest the trip was not completely a pleasure. But to be able to connect with them now a little better… I’ve always loved them and even now, I won’t be connecting with ‘pity’ but more with respect and determination to see them succeed! To know that they are Rwanda and to be able to sow into it! It’s exciting to see them striving to be educated, to grow in character, to glorify God, and to love their brother. I’m so proud of these kids and am so thankful for God’s plan for them!
Okay that’s all from me! We miss you all so much. As soon as we know when we will be back, we will let you know! With love, Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can only imagine what the unanticipated moments to come are with Alaina. It was so nice of you to make every attempt to get in touch with us after Alaina was born. I'm excited to see Seth someday and see what he's growing into. I admire your heart for the kids and the 'seed sowing' you are a part of. Keep your arms wide open and God will keep filling them. Give Seth a lil bandaide on the knee from uncle kenny and auntie skeeter