Friday, September 3, 2010

Adventures With Sarah... Seth & Jodie!

Quotes and common phrases heard around our house from the kids:
Jodie to Seth while dancing in front of the TV with her dance videos: ‘Hey! Hey! Do dis!’
Jodie while running away from a scary monster or crocodile (usually daddy), ‘Na-nana Boo-Boo!’
After several months of being plagued with stomach afflictions mommy says to Seth during a bathroom break, ‘So do you have any owies in your tummy today?’ Seth replies matter of factly, ‘Nope. Just bugs’
Jodie while toting a little purse on her shoulder: ‘I want some money. I put it in my person’
Jodie while watching mom put on her make-up: ‘I want some wake-up too, mom’.
Jodie when having a hard time climbing into her car seat: ‘Ooh. I need new batteries’
Seth while half sleeping after being awakened from his nap: Mommy lays him on the couch and says, ‘Man you’re getting heavy!’ absorbing the compliment he says kindly, ‘Yes. And so are you!’
Seth very excitedly after being informed that he and Jodie get to watch Dr Suess’s ‘Horton Hears a Who’, ‘Oh! I was thoughting about Horton!’
There are lots of other fun things they’ve said that I always forget to write down. Though some of my days I think I just want to get out of the house, most of the time I think my kids are the greatest human beings on the planet and I feel so lucky to see them every day!
Jodie is still going through a very clingy ‘mommy’ phase. She can go about 10 minutes without knowing where I am and then she starts walking around looking for me (even if she’s enjoying one of her movies). If she can see me she does pretty well but if not then she looks around till she finds me and wants to be involved in what I’m doing. So I have lots of help in the kitchen! I spent a few months trying to curb it but found that made it worse, so I now include her in what I’m doing and she loves it. She will often call out loudly ‘Sarah!’ (or more accurately ‘Sawah!’) because that’s what she hears all of Seth’s friends call me. Her favorite thing to say is still ‘I can do it by myself!’ when anyone tries to help her with anything. Her sentences are getting longer and she loves to be bossy! Last week on the way to church she started talking as we left the driveway and she talked the WHOLE fifteen minutes to church. (“Daddy, look at da chicken- I see a cow!-Hey! What’s dat sound?-I wanna drink-a-water-Look at dat guy, mom-See dat, see dat?- I see a man on a bi-co (bicycle)-we goin to chuch!”) About half way through Mark says quietly, ‘Wow. Do you think she’s always going to be like this?’ I predicted she will.
Both kids love to help make pancakes or cookies and are both pros at cracking eggs on the counter and putting in their thumbs to dump out the marvelous slimy egg. We’ve begun talking about flying to Canada and America on an airplane (for our visit at Christmas time). Seth completely gets it and talks about snow and hamburgers at McDonalds. He recently went with us to a birthday party for one of our friends and he saw a gray haired couple there as soon as we walked in. Though we show him both sets of grandparents’ pictures on the fridge all the time he stopped dead in his tracks and said, ‘Is that my grandpa and grandma?’ Of course mommy almost cried. And the couple who are also missing their grandchildren almost cried as well. They go to our church so since then Seth and Jodie have seen them a few times and enjoy them.
I hope you are all well. Can’t wait to see you! Sarah

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Seth and Jodie are so grown up!! We read your blog faithfully and are glad to hear that you are feeling better...those nasty bugs!
Hugs from the B's

2dzblg said...

HI FAMILY
SO VERY GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.
LIFE IN UGANDA DOESN'T DIFFER MUCH FROM CANADA - ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE LITTLE ONES. :)
SOUNDS LIKE LITTLE SETH COULD DO WITH SOME GSE (GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT) PICK SOME UP WHEN BACK IN OUR COUNTRY. WORKS ON "BUGS" OR ANY PARASITES.
GOD BLESS. LOVE AUNT TUDY UNCLE CAL

Yvonne said...

Mark and Sarah, you have my prayers! ;) Jodie's chatter will grow in leaps and bounds...it's marvelous, it's frustrating, it's amazing how long they can talk wihtout a break...it's truly something to behold! I know - I have 2 that could talk for 1 hour straight without breaking, hopping from topic to topic as the words come to their minds!

But I am thankful for that because it means I have been blessed with children! :)

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lena Odie said...

man....sure am homesick reading your blog updates!!! luv u all and super excited to see you here in canada next month!!! luv to you all n tons of hugs n kisses to my kids ;)